Schedule of Clinics:
Half Moon Bay Triathlon
- Location: Pillar Point Harbor
- Half Moon Bay Triathlon Clinic Dates:
Oakland Triathlon Festival
- Location: Jack London Aquatic Center
- Oakland Triathlon Clinic Dates:
Clinic & Course Preview Fees:
- $70 – starting fee
- $75 – 2 months from each clinic
- $80 – 7 days before each clinic
Details & Schedule:
Provided with registration:
Lunch, goodie bags, hydration products, sponsors product discounts and giveaways
In addition, clinics will provide a warming hut if needed, take home information, goodie bags and the opportunity to learn about some of USA Production’s sponsors.
Triathlon (Swim-Bike-Run) Training
It doesn’t matter if this is your 1st event or your 100th, you can always learn something new! If you answer yes to one or more of the questions below, then we can help!
- Do you want to find out what really goes on during a triathlon before you commit and sign up?
- Have you done a few events and are ready to learn more and go to the next level?
- Are you looking to save time and set a PR at your next race?
- Are you new to swimming and want to get faster, faster?
- Are you nervous or anxious about open water swimming?
- Are you getting back on the bike for the first time since you were a kid?
- Do want to become a safer, faster and more efficient rider?
- Do you need help getting the right gear for you and your experience level?
We will be covering all elements in triathlon with experienced coaches that specialize in each discipline around the sport of triathlon. Swim, Bike, Run, Transitions, and Diet (Nutrition/Hydration) will all be covered in full but if you need guidance or want to get stronger in just one discipline then you can with the knowledge base from our coaches.
The coaches create a non-threatening environment with a no-nonsense approach. They understand limitations but through encouragement and tailored training, will build confidence to maximize goals. Optimal fitness is for everyone, whether you are a triathlete or just looking to improve your overall health.
Training clinis are designed to provide the participant with the skills and knowledge needed to successfully compete in a triathlon. Clinics are held on actual USAP race venues allowing the participant to preview the course.
Triathlons not only require the athlete to know how to swim, bike and run but also how to successfully put these three sports together in succession. There is an art to doing this, which cannot be learned through training alone. The goal of the clinics is not to teach the participants how to swim, bike and run but to teach them these triathlon specific skills. The veteran instructors/coaches teaching the participants also provide a safe, non-competitive environment to practice the skills with immediate hands on feedback. In addition, with the clinics taking place on the USA Production race-courses you gain valuable course specific experience so you do not encounter surprises on race morning.
On these training days we will also be doing course previews and will provide information on the USAP course located at the training venue. Come out and use this as a training day with our incredible triathlon community.
Training Clinic Hours:
- 8am – 12pm
Training Clinics will cover:
- Event training and preparation basics
- How to choose gear that is right for you
- Nutrition for training, racing and recovery
- Open water swim skills, safety, starts, sighting and strategy
- Race rules, safety and etiquette
- Transition set up for speed and ease
- Bike handling skills- climbing, descending and cornering
- Tips and tricks that will save you time and effort
- Race day planning, strategy and goal setting
- And much more…
What to Bring:
When you are packing for this training camp, do so as if you are preparing to a weekend full of racing and training. Bring extra socks, shorts and t-shirts. You will be doing a lot of different activities today.
- Comfortable and warm clothing for before and after training day
- Wear race day clothing and gear to help you better prepare for your event
- Swim gear: wetsuit is recommended, swimsuit/triathlon suit, goggles, swim cap, body glide, ear plugs
- Transition gear: towel, race belt
- Cycling gear: bike, helmet (no helmet no clinic), cycling shoes, sunglasses, gloves
- Running gear: running shoes, socks, hat/visor
- Additionally: sunscreen, lawn chair, extra towel
- Food, Hydration, Gels, and water will be provided